Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The End of an Era

A poetic moment today. Visited the old ICT office while Gerry was down there, and while there collected my old Billion switch. After fighting a losing battle with a combination lock the pair of us went off to lunch and the afternoon off. Gerry turned off the lights, set the alarm and locked the door. So on the last day of in house ICT the two of us were the last APS staff to leave the old office. It just seemed so apt after the pair of us working there for nearly 20 years together.

Good luck to the guys who are going to the contractor. I've made my transition to another job and I'm the happier for being out of the disgrace that IT had been for the major part of the last decade. One debarcle after another. At least I'll never feel a desire to runaway to a circus. Though I may be obsessed with trying to choke the laughing clowns in sideshow alley.

Well it was a fun time in the early days. And we did some great work I was really proud of. Tom and Gerry and Jason and Greg. They were good days. '98 onwards - a steady decline.

I miss those fun days.

No comments: