Friday, October 3, 2008

Spielberg's appalling film that used the name of one of HG Well's better books is on tonight. Do I want to watch it, I ask myself. The answer I think is NO. It's a waste of effort and time. I'd rather watch the George Pal version, which itself is quite iffy. What is it with HG's books that the films versions are always so bad. The Time Machine. A wonderful book. The movies - bits of trash really. And the less said about The Invisible Man being the inspiration for Hollowman (1 and 2) the better.

I see Sarah Palin continues to be the US answer to Pauline Hanson. Good luck to them. If these 4 are the best candidates the two parties can offer for the Presidential election, out of all the people in the USA, then it's a sad sad state of affairs. What a sorry selection they are. I don't think I'd vote for any of them personally. Not that ours are a huge improvement. Although I did enjoy Paul Keating on Lateline the other night patiently explaining to the host just how the international money market actually works. Best line of the night "you DO understand how this works, DON'T you?". Errr .. no I doubt she did. Quite educational really. Oh for some politicians who will explain things to people, not just boil everything down to suit the lowest common denominator.

Where oh where are the 32GB iPhones I wonder? I suspect we may see them with the next Macworld show around the end of the year. Once they are released to market I really don't have an excuse not to go to an iPhone. And pass my iPod Touch on to Kyrin I suppose. She WILL be happy.

No comments: